This recipe is all about letting the beautiful flavour of spring vegetables shine through. Adding leftover roast lamb shoulder to the zucchini and peas turns a light meal into a hearty one, while keeping it fresh and healthy.
The ingredient of Spring lamb soup
- 120g dried vegeroni spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1.5 litres Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 cup fresh peas or frozen peas
- 100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch baby asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 1/2 cups cold shredded leftover cooked lamb (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh curly parsley, torn
The instruction how to make Spring lamb soup
- Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add stock. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add peas, sugar snap peas, asparagus and lamb. Simmer for 2 minutes or until lamb is heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle soup with parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Spring lamb soupcalories: 555.197 calories
fatContent: 28.1 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 12.4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 36.3 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 36.4 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1649 milligrams sodium