If youre cooking for a crowd, homemade spinach dip and roast carrots are a colourful combination everyone will enjoy.
The ingredient of Spinach dip with roast carrot batons
- 1 brown onion
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 250g pkt frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 150g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large (about 650g) carrots
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
The instruction how to make Spinach dip with roast carrot batons
- To make the roasted carrot batons, preheat oven to 220u00b0C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Peel the carrots and then cut into 1 x 5cm batons. Place in a bowl with the oil, cumin seeds and allspice. Toss well. Spread the batons in a single layer over the lined tray and bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until light golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion. Place the onion, stock or water and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, place spinach in a sieve and use your fingers to press out any excess liquid.
- Stir the spinach into the onion mixture and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Place the spinach mixture in the bowl of a food processor and add the ricotta, mint, lemon rind and allspice. Season well with salt and pepper. Process, occasionally scraping down the side of the bowl with a spatula, until smooth.
- Serve the dip immediately accompanied by the roast carrot batons.
Nutritions of Spinach dip with roast carrot batonscalories: 70.505 calories
fatContent: 3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 4 grams protein