Fast and fresh vegetarian gnocchi doubles as a midweek meal and an easy option for summer entertaining.
The ingredient of Gnocchi with slow-roasted tomatoes and basil
- 60ml olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped lemon thyme
- 800g tomato medley mix, halved (see top tips)
- 500g fresh gnocchi (see top tips)
- 70g butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, finely chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated Parmesan, (or vegetarian hard cheese) plus extra, shaved, to serve
- Roughly chopped roasted walnuts (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Gnocchi with slow-roasted tomatoes and basil
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C fan-forced. To slow-roast tomatoes, place oil, 1 garlic clove, thyme and tomatoes in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on 2 large oven trays and roast for 40 minutes or until shrivelled.
- Cook gnocchi in a large pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until heated through, then drain.
- Heat butter in a large, deep, heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Add onion and remaining 2 garlic cloves, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add gnocchi and cook, tossing occasionally, for 3 minutes or until light golden. Add slow-roasted tomatoes, basil and parmesan. Season, then toss to combine.
- Divide gnocchi among bowls and scatter with walnuts, if using, and extra basil and parmesan.
Nutritions of Gnocchi with slow-roasted tomatoes and basilcalories: 518.869 calories
fatContent: 32 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 6 grams sugar
proteinContent: 12 grams protein
sodiumContent: 631 milligrams sodium