Homemade cucumber kimchi adds a fiery kick to this Korean-inspired roast chicken.
The ingredient of Korean roast chicken with cucumber kimchi
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1.3kg Lilydale Free Range Whole Chicken
- 3 spring onions, cut into 10cm lengths
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sriracha or chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, very thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Korean roast chicken with cucumber kimchi
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
- Combine the mirin, garlic, ginger and sauces in a bowl. Place the chicken in prepared pan. Pour half the garlic mixture over the chicken and into the cavity. Tuck the wings under chicken. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together to secure. Cover with a piece of greased foil. Bake for 1 hour, brushing chicken with remaining garlic mixture every 10 mins. Add the spring onion to the dish and bake, uncovered, for a further 30 mins or until browned and cooked through. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the cucumber kimchi, combine the chilli, sriracha or chilli sauce, sesame seeds, spring onion, vinegar, oil and cucumber in a ceramic or glass bowl. Season with salt. Set aside for 30 mins to infuse.
- Serve the chicken and spring onion mixture with the cucumber kimchi, steamed rice and coriander.
Nutritions of Korean roast chicken with cucumber kimchicalories: