Serve our rosemary coated roast chicken with an assortment of roast vegetables for a complete family meal.
The ingredient of Roast chicken with herb butter
- 4 small (about 300g each) chicken marylands
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (about 350g) swede, peeled, halved, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 large (about 200g each) carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm thick batons
- 4 yellow button squash, halved
- 25g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh continental parsley
The instruction how to make Roast chicken with herb butter
- Place an oven rack in the highest position in the oven. Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with rosemary and drizzle with half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake on the top shelf of preheated oven for 25 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, arrange swede, carrot and squash in a roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Combine the butter, chives and parsley in a small bowl. Place chicken on serving plates and top with a spoonful of the herb butter. Serve immediately with roast vegetables.
Nutritions of Roast chicken with herb buttercalories: 416.099 calories
fatContent: 19 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 14 grams sugar
proteinContent: 41 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 167 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 215.16 milligrams sodium