Can anyone refuse slow-cooked lamb shanks served on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes? Didnt think so!
The ingredient of Pot-roasted lamb shanks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 frenched lamb shanks
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 red capsicum, seeds removed, thickly sliced
- 2 yellow capsicum, seeds removed, thickly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml white wine
- 3 tbsp sundried tomato pesto
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel beef stock (see Notes)
- 10 vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- Leaves of 1 long sprig rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Creamy mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make Pot-roasted lamb shanks
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof casserole over high heat and brown lamb shanks in batches to seal on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion, capsicum and garlic to the casserole. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes until vegetables start to soften.
- Add wine, pesto and stock, then return shanks to pan. Add tomato and rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, cover, and roast in oven for 2 1/2 hours. Remove lid and cook for a further hour. Stir in parsley, reserving a little to garnish.
- To serve, dollop mash into 6 deep bowls, sit a shank on top and spoon around some sauce and vegetables. Garnish with parsley.
Nutritions of Pot-roasted lamb shankscalories: 348.223 calories
fatContent: 15 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 12 grams sugar
proteinContent: 33 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 94 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 537.97 milligrams sodium