The ingredient of Wonton noodle soup
- 250g chicken mince
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons sherry
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 cups (1 litre) water
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 150g oyster or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, washed, sliced lengthways
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
The instruction how to make Wonton noodle soup
- Place chicken mince, ginger, garlic, shallots, water chestnuts, sherry and 2 teaspoons soy sauce in bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Lay wontons out in a single layer on a clean surface. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture into the centre of each wrapper. Brush edges of with egg. Bring edges together and press to seal. Repeat with remaining wontons and egg.
- Place stock, water and remaining soy sauce in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Add carrots and wontons. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, bok choy and cabbage. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and serve.
Nutritions of Wonton noodle soupcalories: 298.989 calories
fatContent: 8 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 2258.48 milligrams sodium