Fast and fantastic vegetarian meals, using six ingredients!
The ingredient of Lentil, barley and mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 x 410g cans chopped tomatoes (with basil and garlic)
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1/3 cup pearl barley
The instruction how to make Lentil, barley and mushroom soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomato, lentils, barley and 5 cups cold water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until barley is tender. Ladle into bowls. Serve.
Nutritions of Lentil, barley and mushroom soupcalories: 340.575 calories
fatContent: 11 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 10 grams sugar
proteinContent: 15 grams protein
sodiumContent: 706.38 milligrams sodium