Dine Chinese-style tonight with this tasty beef dumpling soup.
The ingredient of Chinese beef dumpling soup
- 2 cups beef consomme
- 3 fresh lime leaves (optional - see tips)
- 1.5l water
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- Mint leaves, extra, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, extra, to serve dumplings
- 500g Coles 5-star beef mince
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 48 wonton wrappers (see tips)
The instruction how to make Chinese beef dumpling soup
- To make the dumplings, combine the mince, ginger, garlic, coriander, mint and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in a large bowl. Place 1 wrapper on a clean board. Drop 1 heaped teaspoons of mince mixture in the centre of the wrapper. Brush edges with water and pinch together to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mince mixture. Freeze half the dumplings for another meal (see Notes).
- Combine the consomme, lime leaves and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins to infuse. Discard lime leaves.
- Bring broth to the boil. Add remaining dumplings and simmer for 5 mins or until dumplings are cooked through. Stir in remaining soy sauce.
- Divide choy sum and onion among bowls. Ladle over broth and dumplings. Top with bean sprouts, chilli and extra coriander and mint.
Nutritions of Chinese beef dumpling soupcalories: 523.888 calories
fatContent: 12.1 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 3.9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 51.2 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 1.2 grams sugar
proteinContent: 51.3 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 162 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1403 milligrams sodium