The ingredient of Fresh asparagus soup
- 40g (2 tablespoons) butter, chopped
- 2 (about 200g) leeks, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 bunches (about 1kg) asparagus, ends trimmed, chopped
- 1 large (about 160g) sebago (brushed) potato, peeled, chopped
- 625ml (21/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Fresh asparagus soup
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until it begins to foam. Add the leeks and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the leeks soften.
- Add the asparagus and potato, and stir until well combined. Add the stock and water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Remove from heat, uncover and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large, clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining soup.
- Add cream to soup and cook over low heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle asparagus soup into six 250ml (1-cup) serving bowls and sprinkle with a little extra pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Fresh asparagus soupcalories: 195.024 calories
fatContent: 14 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 5 grams sugar
proteinContent: 7 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 37 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 456.45 milligrams sodium