This zesty salad is low-fat, heart friendly and quick to prepare - perfect!
The ingredient of Roasted pumpkin and quinoa salad
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon (see note)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Roasted pumpkin and quinoa salad
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Place pumpkin, oil and seasoning in a bowl. Toss to coat. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa and 1 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place quinoa in a heatproof bowl. Add pumpkin, lemon juice, preserved lemon and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Roasted pumpkin and quinoa saladcalories: 215.817 calories
fatContent: 6.6 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 0.8 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 33.4 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 5.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 365 milligrams sodium