The ingredient of Roast pumpkin couscous
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into small wedges
- Olive oil spray
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (290g) couscous
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (85g) pitted dried dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup (35g) flaked almonds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast pumpkin couscous
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the pumpkin on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil and season with pepper. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups (375ml) boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Cook the onion and chilli in the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until light golden. Add the dates, almonds, cumin and cinnamon, and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Stir through the couscous. Divide the rocket and pumpkin among serving plates and top with the couscous. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and pepper.
Nutritions of Roast pumpkin couscouscalories: 560.694 calories
fatContent: 12 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 89 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 26 grams sugar
proteinContent: 17 grams protein
sodiumContent: 33.44 milligrams sodium