Feed your family Curtis Stones delicious braised beef with roasted potatoes and broccoli for a hearty evening meal.
The ingredient of Braised beef with roasted potatoes and broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Coles Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into medium dice
- 2 small carrots, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Coles Brand Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Coles Brand Real Beef Stock
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 200g gold sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium (450g) red washed potatoes, quartered
- 150g broccoli florets
The instruction how to make Braised beef with roasted potatoes and broccoli
- To braise the beef: Position the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 180u00b0C (160u00b0C fan forced).
- Heat a large, heavy-based deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat it for 1 min. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the beef to the pan and cook until browned all over, about 2 mins per side. Transfer the beef to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the onion and carrots to the pan and cook for 2 mins, or until the vegetables have started to develop some colour. Add the garlic and stir for 30 secs, or until fragrant. Add the vinegar and cook, stirring to scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan, for 1 min, or until the vinegar reduces by half. Return the beef and its juices to the pan.
- Add the stock and thyme, then add enough water to almost cover the meat (about 21/2 cups). Bring the liquid to a simmer, then cover the pan and transfer it to the oven. Braise the beef mixture for 2 hrs, or until beef is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the braised beef and vegetables to a large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. Simmer the braising liquid over medium-high heat for about 5 mins, or until reduced to 1 cup. Return the beef and vegetables to the braising liquid and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, to roast the vegetables, position the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 180u00b0C or 160u00b0C fan. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato, potato and broccoli with the olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to a heavy, large baking tray, spacing them evenly apart. Roast vegetables without turning them, for 30 mins, or until they are tender and beginning to brown. Stand for 2 mins before serving.
- Divide the roasted vegetables between 4 plates. Place a piece of beef alongside the vegetables on each plate. Divide the carrots and onions among the plates. Spoon the braising liquid over the beef and serve.
Nutritions of Braised beef with roasted potatoes and broccolicalories: 418.967 calories
fatContent: 16.4 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 3.9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 40.1 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 4.8 grams sugar
proteinContent: 29.4 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 77 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 324 milligrams sodium