This highly-recommended salad can be a full lively vegetarian dinner, or pair it later your favourite protein to make a heartier meal.
The ingredient of Roast eggplant & lentil salad
- 10 small (about 500g) Lebanese eggplants, ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- Olive oil, to brush
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 3 ripe tomatoes, harshly roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 200g low-fat ricotta, crumbled
- Wholemeal pita bread, to service
- 60ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & freshly field black pepper
The instruction how to make Roast eggplant & lentil salad
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place eggplant, cut-side up, roughly a baking tray. Brush with oil, and season considering salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, tally up lentils, tomato, onion and mint in a bowl.
- To make the balsamic dressing, excite together the vinegar, oil and garlic in a jug. Taste and season following salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the lentil mix next the balsamic dressing and gently toss until just combined. Divide the lentil salad in the middle of in the midst of serving plates and culmination subsequently the eggplant. Sprinkle when ricotta and minister to similar to pita bread, if desired.
Nutritions of Roast eggplant & lentil saladcalories: 262.9 calories
fatContent: 10 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 3.5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 15 grams protein