This hearty winter soup is full of the goodness of beans and the gentle flavour of smoked trout.
The ingredient of Smoked trout and bean soup
- 2 (150g each) smoked trout pieces (see note)
- 2 pieces lavash bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 350g chat potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 2 x 420g cans four bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Smoked trout and bean soup
- Remove skin and bones from trout. Break flesh into pieces. Set aside. Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Place lavash on a baking tray. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool. Break into large pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Increase heat to high. Stir in tomatoes, stock and potatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Add green beans and bean mix. Simmer for 3 minutes or until green beans turn bright green. Remove from heat. Gently stir in trout. Season with pepper. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with lavash.
Nutritions of Smoked trout and bean soupcalories: 488.277 calories
fatContent: 9 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 11 grams sugar
proteinContent: 35 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 44 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 2387.36 milligrams sodium