This weeks roast couldnt be easier with this delicious version which is paired with barley salad and baby carrots.
The ingredient of Roast lamb, barley and vegetable salad
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (700g) lamb mini topside roasts
- 2 bunches Dutch (baby) carrots, scrubbed (see note)
- 2 large red onions, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Roast lamb, barley and vegetable salad
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced.
- Place barley in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer lamb to a roasting pan. Arrange carrots and onions around lamb. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Add barley to vegetables and juices in pan. Add lemon juice and parsley leaves. Toss gently to combine. Serve lamb on salad.
Nutritions of Roast lamb, barley and vegetable saladcalories: 608.494 calories
fatContent: 25 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 5.7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 43.7 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 46 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 112 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 330 milligrams sodium